Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Meet Tammy Barber


        Hello my name is Tammy Barber. I am looking forward to teaching another year at Fox Hollow Elementary. This is my seventh year to teach in the public school system. 
         I grew up in Oklahoma, but lived in Florida for twenty-two years. My family and I moved to West Jordan last summer because my husband accepted a job in Salt Lake City. Besides missing our Florida family and friends, we are growing to love this area. 
I am the proud mother of four wonderful children, Caley, 18, Hyrum, 15, Chloe, 12, and Holland, 9.  I loved staying home with them while they were young, but have so enjoyed coming back into the classroom. 
My favorite things to do include: reading, traveling, watching sports with my kids, and just enjoying life. We have snuck back to Florida twice already, but have also discovered the beauty of Utah.
I have found my niche in the upper elementary classroom.  I absolutely adore the age group and appreciate the curriculum. Teaching is a challenge that brings me such delight. Teaching in Fox Hollow fifth grade, there’s no place I’d rather be!

No comments:

Post a Comment