Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Meet DeAnn Moore



My name is De Ann Moore and this year marks my fifth year of teaching. 

I have been busy gaining professional development to benefit my students.  I am in my second year of a Social Studies Grant with the Jordan School District (JHAT).  As part of the grant, my class will take pre- and post- American History tests (At the beginning and end of the school year).  Students will learn how to write Document Based Questions (DBQs) using primary source documents.  As part of the grant, I was able to visit Boston this summer.  I have new insights to American History that will positively enhance my teaching this up coming year. 

I will finish up my Masters of Education in reading at the end of October.  I am excited to use the reading strategies I have been studying for the last year and a half. 

In December I will complete my ESL endorsement.  I have learned a great deal about English Language Learners and how I can be a better teacher for all students.

School is a huge part of my life, but not as huge as being a mother to my four children.  I have three boys and a little girl.  My oldest is thirteen and my youngest is four.  My husband and I enjoy the complete chaos of raising three boys and a girl that can hold her own against her brothers.  Two of my boys attend Fox Hollow. 

My blog address is deannmoore.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment